This month we sat down with Dance Academy star, Thomas Lacey! We asked Tom our 10 Quick Questions about his lifestyle, his creative inspirations and what he has planned for the future!
1. When you were growing up, what did you think you wanted to do with your life?
Well I started dancing when I was 2 and performed in my first professional show when I was 7, so I figured it out pretty quick! I have always loved performing and being a part of this industry and hope to continue!
2. If you could tell your teenage self one thing, what would it be?
Work harder on the golf course! I love my golf and don’t get to play enough but I would love to be able to play weekly as I find it takes all of my stresses away and just lets me relax!
3. Who inspires you?
Hugh Jackman. He labels himself as an “actor” that does everything. He works on Music Theatre, Film and TV and I would love to be able to model my career on that.
4. When you have a day off, what’s your favourite thing to do?
Do nothing. Just relax. Put on “Harry Potter” or something similar and just put my feet up. Or play golf. Something very relaxing and chilled.
5. What music are you listening to at the moment?
Ballet music! I’m currently teaching a lot as I have gone into partnership with the dance school I have been at since the age of 2, The May Downs School of Dance which is very exciting!
6. With all that you’ve done in your life, any goals you’re still to achieve?
Well one of my dreams/goals was to work with Hugh Jackman, and that came true a few years ago when I was part of his arena show! An incredible experience that I will never forget and can’t wait for his upcoming show too!
7. Favourite movie you’ve seen in the last year?
A Star is Born. Because the arrangement of the music worked so nicely, and I just loved it!
8. Have you ever been starstruck meeting someone famous?
The first time I met Baz Luhrmann when I performed in Strictly Ballroom was in an audition, and I was so nervous. I heard his voice coming down the hallway and I froze. But in the actual audition that he took, was so calm and he made us all feel relaxed which was a big difference to when I was stuck frozen!
9. Read any good books lately?
Not a big reader… I think the last book I read was “Twilight” over 13 years ago!
10. Best advice you ever received?
Just don’t stop. Don’t give up. There’s always going to be times when you are knocked back but you keep persevering and moving forward.